- Have the players partner up and designate a partner “1” and a partner “2.”
- All 1’s will go to the center of the gym, face the center, and cover their eyes. Have all 2’s stand next to their partner (1).
- The coach calls out “Partner 2’s Skip!” and partner 2’s skip away. Note: coaches can substitute skip with various actions such as hopping on 1 foot, hopping on 2 feet, lateral slide, running, running sideways, running backwards. To keep it fun, include movements like crab walk, frog hops and lion leaps.
- When coach says “Tag your partner!” partner 1 looks for partner 2 and skips to tag them as partner 2 tries to skip away. Note: To keep the flow of the game, you may need to start a countdown. If the players haven’t been tagged at the end of the countdown, they should find each other.
- Once tagged or the countdown expires, pairs start to return to center court. Partner 1 asks partner 2 questions to get to know their teammate until the coach has them switch roles and play again.
- Here are a few suggested questions: “What is your name?” “What is your favorite color?” “What is your favorite basketball team?” “What is your middle name?” “When is your birthday?”
Movement Options: Hopping on 1 foot, hopping on 2 feet, skipping, lateral slide, running, running sideways, running backwards.
This is a great game to get the players actively warmed-up. Remember the players should only move with action the coach commands and should not run to tag their partner even when the get close.