The players should get a basketball (or share) and stand a short distance from a wall and find a target on the wall.
- Teach the players to step with a lead foot toward the target as they snap their thumbs down and extend their arms to pass the ball to the target.
- After the ball hits the wall, the players should let the ball bounce catch it and repeat.
- Add a dribble(s) before passing to the wall.
- Adjust the distance from the wall while still hitting a target.
- Create multiple targets by using existing wall markings, using tape or drawing with chalk. Coach calls out the designated target.
- In partners have the passer pass to the targets announced by their partner.
Make sure the players have good balance, look at the target, step towards the target, extend their arms, and snap their thumbs down as they pass the ball. The ball should have backspin as it is in the air.