Jr. NBA Program of the Year powered by Under Armour!
The Jr. NBA and Under Armour are providing youth basketball organizations the opportunity to be celebrated for their dedication to developing boys and girls on and off the court, displaying continued support of the physical and mental well-being of young athletes, and finding ways to keep young boys and girls active and connected to the game through safe and healthy programming. Organizations can submit applications to become the Jr. NBA Program of the Year powered by UA based on the following criteria:
The six (6) finalist organizations were selected based on the following criteria:
- How does your organization embody the core values of the Jr. NBA?
- Jr. NBA Core Values: Teamwork, Respect, Determination, Community
- Demonstrate how your organization focuses on the holistic development of all participants (e.g., focusing on developing healthy, well-rounded, confident individuals)
- Share examples of how your organization incorporates core values into your programming
- How has your organization positively impacted youth athletes and your wider community?
- Illustrate programs and opportunities your organization has provided for the community
- Provide examples of positive experiences created for youth, parents, and families during the pandemic (e.g., virtual programs, scholarships or additional assistance offered)
- Demonstrate how your organization caters to the mental well-being of its athletes
Each finalist will receive the following:
- $1,000 Under Armour digital gift card
- Automatic entry for the chance to win Jr. NBA Program of the Year
- Free Positive Coaching Alliance Zoom Workshop for your coaches
- Free USA Basketball Coach License for select number of coaches in your organization (to be determined by the Jr. NBA)
- Recognition across Jr. NBA digital and social media platforms, including during the Jr. NBA Conference powered by Under Armour in May 2022
Jr. NBA Program of the Year Prize
- $5,000 grant to your youth basketball organization
- $1,000 Under Armour gift card
- Jr. NBA Program of the Year winner plaque
- Application period has closed
- Select applications will receive communication from Jr. NBA by March 31, 2023 if they’re being considered as a finalist
- Organizations will be notified by the Jr. NBA no later than April 17, 2023 if they have been selected as a finalist
- Finalists will participate in public fan voting on social media from April 24-30, 2023
- Winning organization will be announced on social media by Week of May 9, 2023
- Organization will be recognized as the Jr. NBA Program of the Year through the remainder of 2023
View contest rules here. You must be registered for the Jr. NBA to apply. If your organization is not a registered Jr. NBA member organization, click here to register.