On August 1, 2014, Paul George broke his right leg and missed nearly all of the 2014-15 season.
One year later, George was back and better than ever thanks to his hard work in returning to the court. PG-13 is the perfect example of why you should never give up on your basketball dreams.
Take a look at all the steps PG-13 had to overcome in one year to get back to playing like an NBA All-Star:
- Aug. 1, 2014: George broke his leg during a scrimmage at a Team USA practice.
- Sept. 29, 2014: PG-13 was able to show up at Pacers Media Day without a walking boot.
- October 2014: George started to take standing jump shots in practice.
- December 2014: George began dunking again at practice.
- April 5, 2015: PG-13 returns to the court for the Pacers’ final 6 games of the 2014-15 season.
- Nov. 19, 2015: George is the only player in the Eastern Conference averaging 25 points and 8 rebounds per game to start this season.