Do you want to be recognized for your work developing youth both on and off the court, as well as your contributions to the broader community? Nominate your youth basketball organization below to be named the Jr. NBA Program of the Year presented by Under Armour!
The Jr. NBA presented by Under Armour will reward and recognize up to six (6) youth basketball organizations as Program of the Year finalists that meet the following criteria:
- How does your organization embody the core values of the Jr. NBA?
- Jr. NBA Core Values: Teamwork, Respect, Determination, Community
- Demonstrate how your organization focuses on the fundamentals of the game
- Provide examples of teaching the core values while also having fun
- Share ways your organization promotes healthy and respectful relationships between players, coaches, parents, and referees
- How does your organization impact youth and its community?
- Provide examples of programs and opportunities your organization provides for the community that wouldn’t exist otherwise
- Provide examples of creating positive experiences for youth, parents, and families (e.g., special programs, scholarships offered)
The Program of the Year application is now closed. Organizations will be notified directly if they have been selected as a finalist.
Finalist Prize Details
Each finalist will receive the following:
- $1,000 Under Armour gift card
- Free Positive Coaching Alliance in-person training session
- Automatic entry for the chance to win Jr. NBA Program of the Year
- Feature on Jr. NBA website and social media platforms
Jr. NBA Program of the Year Prize
- $5,000 grant to winning youth basketball organization
- Jr. NBA Program of the Year winner plaque
To learn more about the 2019 Jr. NBA Program of the Year finalists and winner, click here. View contest rules here. You must be registered for the Jr. NBA to apply. If your organization is not a registered Jr. NBA member organization, click here to register.